Friday, June 2, 2017

My Partner in Crime



Happy FRIDAY!!!!! We made it > Wow! Has it been a long week or What?

Today I want to talk about my "Partner in Crime" my "Right-hand man" my "Second Shooter"

Drum Roll Please *****************

JACOB!!!
(Insert Applause here)

Yup, You understand that right. We are a 'couple' photography business. My handsome boyfriend (not husband just yet - secretly working on it) is my second shooter at pretty much every wedding I photograph. 

Now understand this is not how we started out. Oh no, no, no. Let me tell you how it all went down . . . 

*Flashback*

Jack actually owns a Moving Company. He packs people up in moving trucks and moves them to their new homes & unloads them. That is literally his full-time job. This is what he did when I met him and this is still what he does today. So how did he become my second shooter do you ask.

Well, I asked him to be!
                    That's it! 
                                I am really not kidding. I had actually held SEVERAL very unsuccessful interviews with individuals when I moved here to Yuma for a perfect second shooter but I just couldn't find anyone that was the right fit for me. or my brand (you have to click in a special way with your second)

One day it was getting too close to a wedding that required a second and I started to get nervous because I still had not found anyone. I looked at Jacob and asked: "Hey, do you wanna give it a go?" He laughed and said "I am absolutely sure I wouldn't be good at it"

EVERYONE! he is AMAZING at it!!! Not even kidding. His photos blow me away at times. 
(I will post one for you to see)

Having my other half as my second shooter isn't all biscuits and gravy all the time though. It is tough. It is tough to haggle the workload between my job and his and it is tough to cooperate with each other at times with what we both see as beautiful. But the Love is there and we are at Peace. Therefore we manage just fine working together As a Team. He is my rock, My support and is always willing to test my lighting by standing anywhere I ask him to. HAHA!

So when you hire us. Note: The first photo you saw in this blog is Jacob. He will be the one with the beard and more than likely the hat (because heaven forbid he goes anywhere without it)




Have a BLESSED Weekend!

Adele L. 

No comments:

Post a Comment