Thursday, June 1, 2017

How to Prepare for your Wedding Photographer

JUNE 1st, 2017 *WOW - Where did May go?*

   Yesterday my daughter graduated from the 8th grade. In California, we have 'graduation', here in Yuma they have 'promotion'. BIG DIFFERENCE! The one thing I noticed is when I asked the school 2 weeks ago "What do I need to do to prepare my daughter for graduation" they gave me a look that I wouldn't be able to replicate even if someone paid me to. It was not confused but more of a 'haven't you ever done this before' kind of look.

     SO there I sit with my VERY large lens and my entire photography bag 'just in case' yesterday (7:30 AM in the MORNING NOT EVENING CEREMONY MIND YOU) to capture every moment of my daughters 1/2 way school year point. When the lady behind me asked: "Are you a Photographer?" My answer is always the same.

     "No, These are all just coffee mugs that I bought on AMAZON" *Trust me, the looks are worth the smart remark* ---- yes, I corrected myself after laughing of course and saying "yes I am a photographer, Hi my name is Adele and I am the Owner of EMC Photography Studio.

      We got to talking about her sister's wedding. How the photographer was sooo rushed by her sister and kept looking at each photo on the camera screen after the photo was taken and the time it took just to take one photo. I had to ask her. Did her photographer prepare the bride on how she runs her business? Her reply was "I am not sure"
*********************************************************************************

A lot of brides ask us "what do you need from me?" - We would love to give out a list of things that would make our jobs easier but why would we do that and just stress you out even more than you already are.

So here is an explanation of How to Prepare for your EMC Wedding Photographer in one Simple Sentence:


The more time you give us, the better your Photos will be.

That is it. Just allow us time to photograph your BIG day. 

   There have been several opportunities we have missed and regret in the past if we would have just spoken out to the bride to say to her party: "WAIT! SLOW DOWN" or "STOP". 

   Your BIG day is definitely NOT a race. Everyone is waiting on you and you alone. No one is going to get upset with you if you are out with your photographer taking beautiful photos for 30-45 mins after the ceremony. Don't worry, there will be a plate of food waiting for you when you get to your seat. This is "your" day. You are in charge. Just allow us to capture the moments that you want to hang on your wall in a slow and steady pace, not light speed. 

    When you start getting ready we will ask you to 'pause', 'freeze right there', 'place your hand here' and so forth to get that one shot. During the ceremony, we will be everywhere but nowhere. We will be behind your preacher/officiant and in EVERYONE else's photos in the audience. Because, after all, you paid us, not them to capture your moments. 

    HOWEVER! Don't think of me as a horrible business owner. If you choose for us to stay out of everyone's way then we will. Just keep in mind you may NOT get those ring photos or close ups that you see on Pinterest. Those are up close and personal photographs of photographers right up in the bride & grooms faces or at least in the line of site for audience members iPhone photos. 

     After the ceremony, we will follow you and your party to your designated area. Whether it be at the alter where you said your 'I do's' or another location. We need EVERYONE IN YOUR WEDDING PARTY. not just the bride, however,. We however DO NOT need your entire audience. This is one MAJOR issues that does take up more time than necessary. The after ceremony shots are considered 'glamour' shots. These are the shots that you will want to hang on your wall. If you include your brothers, bff & girlfriend in one of your 'glamour' shots that just took up at least 3-5 mins of your time. 

     We do try to cap out glamour time at 45 mins total. If it takes longer than that it is more than likely the result of alternate individuals interrupting the session. If all goes as planned it normally can and will be over within 30 mins time. 
  
     So when it comes down to How to Prepare for your EMC Wedding Photographer? 
Allow us time to make Every Moment Count, because after all. Every Moment Does.

*********************************************************************************
Needless to say, I took more photographs on my phone than I did with my camera yesterday
. Too many rude people kept standing up, getting out of their seats and literally RUNNING to their child after they received their little sheet of paper stating "yes! you get to go to High School. Congratulations for making it this far", that I wasn't even able to get great shots. I got some after though that were great!


Adele
emcphotographystudio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment