Monday, May 29, 2017

Introduction Part 1

     Hi!!! Welcome to my Blog!!

    I would like to dedicate my first blog to tell you when I wanted to become a photographer and who was my inspiration growing up. 

    My name is Adele I have been into photography since as long as I can remember. Now, I know, what you are thinking; 'all photographers say that'. Yeah, I understand. However, I really do not remember when I started loving photography because my grandfather was into photography and so was my mother. So I actually grew up behind and in front of the camera. 

BUT!!!

I do remember when I wanted to become a photographer...and who showed me that I wanted to start a business in Photography

*********************************************************************************
   First, let's go back to when I was about 9 or 10 years old. That is when I learned a 35mm camera (film camera) WAS NOT forgiving. You HAD to learn about angles, lighting, posing, how to repair your camera, how to clean your camera and MOST IMPORTANTLY how to develop your film. 
    So I did. I read. I went to workshops. I listened. I watched. I failed and Failed and FAILED again. Until I felt I got it right. 

     When I was a Sophmore in High School (in a very small town in New Mexico of all places) I did my very first Photography job. It was a High School graduate who just happened to be my neighbour who drove me to and from school every day.  She saw I would take photos of everything and almost every Friday she would drive me to the local drug store to turn in a roll of film and come out with a developed collection and a new roll. 

     She paid me $10 and I shot a full roll that day. Which was about 24 photos. When I picked up the collection I remember the smile on my face standing in that drug store. I looked up to see the man behind the counter smiling back at me. I said: "They are PERFECT" and he replied, "I know". 
That is when I decided I wanted to become a Photographer. 
 
*********************************************************************************
     One day my mother came home from work in an ABSOLUTE uproar. "This photographer took a naked picture of Demi Moore pregnant!" of course me as a very very nosy 9-year old I listened without them 'knowing' i was listening.  My father looked at her with the most confused look while my mother slams a magazine onto the coffee table. It was amazing. I couldn't stop staring. Not because it was a naked woman and she was pregnant on the cover of a magazine in the August 1991 issue of Vanity Fiar but because it was an absolutely captivating image. 
     My mother saw I was looking and snatched me right away scolding me that it was not a very nice photo and she (Demi Moore) should be ASHAMED of herself. 

     FAST FORWARD!!!!

     It's 2004 I am working at Coca-Cola in El Centro California and I luckily had the internet at my disposal. So what do I do? I search for everything.!And I mean EVERYTHING!  One day I remembered that photo. I looked it up (which by the way took FOREVER to find because the internet wasn't as large as it is now) 

     I FOUND IT!!!

     Annie Leibovitz - She was the one that took that (aka) Horrible photo of Demi Moor when she was pregnant in 1991. 
Annie is more than my inspiration, She was what I wanted to become, every step she took I wanted to step where she stepped. 

In 2004 She took an absolutely stunning photo of Scarlett Johansson (HUGE FAN)

That Photo of Ann Leibovitz helped me decide I wanted to start a Photography Business...
She IS my inspiration: Her past, her present and I am sure her future.





Adele
www.emcphotographystudio.com
emcphotographystudio@gmail.com
*********************************************************************************

That's all for now


No comments:

Post a Comment